Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Welcome Home Elder Hicks



On January 4 Caleb returned from his mission! It was the highlight of our holiday season and we were super excited to welcome him home. We waited with some cute (and maybe a little bit cheesy) signs at the airport and he looked properly embarassed when he walked out and saw them. It was so great to see him coming out of the terminal. He looked really happy and just like the Caleb we all know and love (except for skinnier).

That night we had our second Christmas celebration where we got our traditional matching pajamas from my mom. Caleb gave us presents from Uraguay including cups made out of various parts of a cow. The next morning we had some more Christmas and then we took Caleb shopping for new clothes since Johnny and others had taken most of his in the last two years. By the end of the day Caleb had a blackberry and ipod and new jeans to help with his adjustment. At Caleb's request we went bowling and played a rousing game of "bunsies" (runs and bunches). It was so much fun to have my whole family together again! We really missed Caleb's fun loving personality and his humor. I had gotten so used to having him gone, I almost forgot how much I loved to be around him, but I was quickly reminded. We are so proud of him for the great missionary that he was...and now we are so grateful to have him back home!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so sad I missed out, I can't wait to see him!

Julia Davis said...

That was a great trip. I miss you guys.