While I realize that it isn't officially Fall just yet, the cooler temperatures have reminded how much I love Fall! Here are just a few of my favorite things about this season.1. I love "Back to School" time. I used to love shopping for school supplies, getting the new crayons, pencil boxes, and backpacks. And then when I went to college I loved it because it was new classes (and most years a new major too) and it was when all my roommates came back! It doesn't have quite the same excitement for me now that I work at a year round school...but it still makes me a little excited. I was at the BYU bookstore a few weeks ago and was really wishing it was me buying my books and getting ready to back to school. (weird, I know, but true).
2. I love the changing of the leaves! I love seeing the leaves change around town and I especially love driving up Provo Canyon to see them. It's a bit early for this...but I'm looking forward to it and hoping to get some good pictures this year.
3. I love peaches! I look forward to peach season all year long and get really excited when I see that Allred Orchards has opened their peach stand. We have already made peach cobbler, crisp, shakes, and ice cream and plan on attempting peach jam this weekend. (Picture below is when I bought a peach in June in Italy...one of the best I've had...and probably one of the most expensive).
5. I get to start wearing sweaters and sweatshirts again.
6. I can use my favorite warm flannel blanket without getting too hot.
7. I love Halloween and fall decorations.
8. I remember the fall I spent in Jerusalem.
9. Thanksgiving-I love seeing family and eating such good food.
10. And last, but definitely not least...BYU football! Growing up I never would have thought I would get excited about football. I watched basketball, but thought football was extremely boring. I only went to games in high school if my friends were going and we never really paid attention to the games. Then in 2001 some friends talked me into getting tickets with them and once again I went along for the social aspect. But as it turns out, after my friends taught me about the game, some of their extreme enthusiasm rubbed off on me (thanks guys)...I came to love BYU football. It probably helped that BYU had an awesome season that year, winning 12 straight games. But I continued to go to all the games during the less successful or "dark years" and have loved the team that Bronco has created the last few years. I still don't care for watching any other football games, but I get really excited about BYU football. Here are some pics from the first game of the year.
The view from our seats. I love the location of the stadium, right there by the mountains. The location of our seats on the other hand, isn't so great...but we are slowly trying to work our way up in the season ticket holder hierarchy.