Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Highlights

I've become a really boring blogger and some people have given me a hard time about my lack of blogging...so here it is...highlights from the last two months.

May

We visited Orderville for Mother's Day. We drove by the ranch for a few sad, sentimental moments. We reminisced about old times while watching #1 Northfork Road. And I drove 3 hours round trip to Hurricane where I had the best snowcone of my life! Seriously...it was amazingly good!

Happy Birthday Aaron! He got just what he wanted...MarioKart for the wii. He loves this game and we love having people over to play with us. (He shared his Sunday birthday dinner with Becca-our future sister-in-law).

Caleb and Becca got engaged! I am so excited for them and think they make a great pair! I took their engagement photos and we got some really good ones, but I don't want to spoil the invitation...so here is a more humorous one.

During Memorial Day weekend, My grandma and her friend Fred came to visit, as well as Julia and Stephen. We had a great weekend of family fun including family pics, Thanksgiving Point, the wii, good food, golfing, and Hogle Zoo.

June

We got cute new bikes that we can use on the Jordan River trail that runs through our neighborhood. They were great fun until it became too hot to actually enjoy being outside.

We had dinner with some of my old Regency roommies. These girls are the greatest! Every time we get together I am reminded of how much I love them and how lucky I was to live with such great friends for 4 years of college. Somehow Katie (living in Wisconsin) and Des (living in Washington D.C.) happened to be visiting at the same time so we managed to get together. I can't believe none of us took a picture that night...but here is an old one of us that I had on my computer.

We went to the Manti pageant with cousins. We ate good food and enjoyed the atmosphere of the temple grounds while trying to avoid mosquitos, endure the heat, and wait for the pageant. It was a great time.


Aaron bought wii fit with his stimulus check from the government. He feels pretty strongly about his patriotic duty to use this money to stimulate the economy, so he is trying to do just that. The game is pretty fun. We found out that I don't have good balance and the wii even asked me if I have a hard time walking without tripping, which Aaron thought that was pretty accurate. Aaron is working to master yoga and is becoming a pro at blocking soccer balls with his head. Isn't his mii cute?



And most recently we took a trip to California (again) to visit Julia & Stephen and re-introduce Becca to Disneyland. But more about that in a future post.
We are having a good, but hot summer. Aaron just finished teaching summer school and is busy planning his trips to St. George with student council and Ecuador with two mission buddies. I'm keeping busy with work teaching psychology and geography as well as the more boring administrative stuff I am responsible for. We enjoy evenings watching So You Think You Can Dance, reading, and playing the wii...all in front of the fan because our house is incredibly hot while we try to "Go Green, Live Rich" (our new motto adopted from Aaron's most recent book).

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Honey you did a good job recaping our life, thanks!

Laura said...

Great job Rachel! It's good to hear about what you are up to. We are enjoying Wii Fit and Mario Kart around here too.

Tiffany said...

Go wii fit!

Heidi Robinson said...

So sad I missed the roomate party and the return to Orderville! I loved the ranch and the happening town of Orderville!