Monday, January 12, 2009

I love photoshop!

I was so excited to be able to get photoshop for Christmas! I have wanted it for a few years, but didn't feel like I had time to learn how to use it and didn't want to fork out money. But using my educator's discount and some suprise Christmas money, I was able to get it this year. I'm still a photoshop beginner, but I'm loving learning how to use it and experimenting with my pictures. And I love using photoshop actions! The Pioneer Woman Action sets and Totally Rad Actions are the ones I've been using, and they are fabulous!

Here is an example. This is the out of the camera shot:
And this is after using some Totally Rad Actions.
Here are some more. If you click on the little box in the right hand corner of the slide show you can see bigger. And thanks to Julia and family for being so photogenic and letting me take lots of pictures. I had a great time!


4 comments:

Laura said...

Those pictures are so great! thanks for sharing them...when are you starting your own photo company/blog? I've been meaning to see about having you take some of Alyssa for her baptism invite next month. I'll email you soon. Congrats on gettng "real" photoshop and not just elements so that you can play with all of your actions.

Corinne said...

So, you didn't win the giveaway of A View of Jerusalem, but I've got a way for you to get the book cheaper, if you want. Shoot me an email and I'll get you the info. booknestreviews at gmail dot com

Julia Davis said...

Thanks again for taking all these great photos! We developed a lot of them and put them up in our house and stuff. Love 'em. You are the best!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Impressive! I love photoshop! I'm a beginner too, but it's so fun!!!