Saturday, April 4, 2009

What will you celebrate?

In case you haven't heard, the new Disneyland theme this year is "What will you celebrate?"  And to celebrate Disneyland is letting you in for free on your birthday.  So, you may think, well you are already an annual passholder, so how does that help you?  But annual passholders can get a gift card for the amount of a one day ticket (which is almost 70$).  Unfortunately, that is only if you pass is actually good that day...and since my birthday fell on a Saturday this year and my pass was blocked...it didn't really help me.  But we got a button and pretended like it was my birthday.  Here are the highlights:

We got to ride the new and improved Small World.  They put Disney characters (in the same style as the dolls) throughout the ride.  It was fun to try and find all of them.  This was Jake's favorite ride...well we think it was his favorite ride...
I think this is Aaron's favorite ride...but you might not think that from the picture.  Thank you Johnny for always sitting in the front and blocking the water for the rest of us, even when you don't want to and we make you.Add Video


We were extra lucky on this trip, because Aaron's parents and brother were there.  Alan was performing with the Hughson band and choir, so we got to see two performances.  And we enjoyed a fabulous pre-birthday dinner at the Cheesecake Factory...the coconut chocolate cheesecake was amazing...I may have a new favorite dessert.
We got to stay at a beach house in Newport Beach, on of our favorite places to stay.  This is us on the pier on my actual birthday (and yes, we know how weird we look).
A great trip, as always...and now that Aaron has gotten his new school schedule, it looks like we may not have another repeat for awhile.  This one will have to satisfy my Disneyland obsessions for awhile.

4 comments:

Katie Irion said...

Oh geez, I just love it more and more. You doing anything say late September??

emilyhutchison said...

I celebrated being 25 and still having a spring break. I like the new Disney characters in small world mixes it up, although I do not like new "america" part. Cowboys? Indians ?Stereotypes anyone? Doesn't Disney spend like a billion dollars a year to be creative?

Krista Hansen said...

We celebrated Blake having a sweet girlfriend that we all actually like. And her birthday. But it's not as much fun being pregnant and trying to keep a two year old happy. Looks like you had more fun than me. Lucky you!!!

Julia Davis said...

Come back! Pleeeease! I don't remember seeing that sweet hat! Awesome! Excited to see you next week!