Wednesday, October 14, 2009

10 Year Reunion

I can't believe it, but it has been 10 years since I went to Jerusalem for a semester. I remember being scared to go without knowing anyone, but it turned out to be one of the greatest experiences and blessings of my life. While I was there I met these five fabulous girls and we decided to be roommates at the Regency when we came home.
Not only did did we become the best of friends, I also found a couple roommates that love Disneyland just as much as me (and a few that tolerate it because we love it so much). So our first trip to Disneyland was made after we had been living together for a year. This year we decided to take a trip as a 10 year reunion since going to Jerusalem (and 6 years since the last ones graduated and left the Regency). We couldn't make the trip to Jerusalem for a reunion, so we decided our next best option was Disneyland. All six of us were able to arrange our schedules to get together. Because Natalie is a "silver card" carrier she "made the magic happen" and hooked us up with some great deals and we enjoyed two wonderful days at the happiest place on earth.We discovered that you can actually fit 7 people in a splash mountain log if you can squeeze two into the back.
The only problem with this is the extra weight causes a lot of extra water to come into the log.
We loved California Adventure, especially the realatively short lines for Toy Story and the new Mickey face on the ferris wheel.
After two fun-filled days at Disneyland we spent a more relaxing day at our Marriott Villa right on the coast of Newport Beach. It was so great to catch up and realize that even though we don't get to see each other nearly enough, whenever we do it feels just like old times. I love these girls! And I'm already looking forward to our next reunion in 5 years!

1 comment:

Katie Irion said...

Oh, this makes me miss it. I think you just got home again. DOn't tell me, I know the party was awesome. I think I've got my dad convinced for some time in November. Fingers crossed. Can't get enough.