Tuesday, January 31, 2012

December Leftovers

I thought I would share a few leftover pics from December.  I love this one of us talking to Johnny on Christmas.  He was able to use face time and for about 45 minutes all of the Hicks clan was connected through an imac, 2 ipads, and an iphone.  Thank you Apple for helping to provide a great Christmas treat.  It was so much fun to see my baby brother as a missionary!

This year we decided for our family gift exchange we wanted to use our creativity and not be so concerned about spending a certain amount of money, but try to think of something we could use in our homes or with our families.  It was so much fun to try to think of things that we could make for each other.  Julia monogrammed these mugs and came up with a quick family home evening that we could do for each letter of the alphabet.  It was so clever.  We appreciate all the FHE ideas and the mug has become my new favorite for hot chocolate.

Becca made these for us to hang in our homes.  She spent so much time on them and they turned out so cute.  Such a great and creative idea, and I love the way it looks in our kitchen.

I made these great little quiet books.  You can find the templates at Simply Fresh Designs.  She has done most of the work by providing the design and text, you just have to insert pictures from the church website, print, and assemble.  Her blog is awesome and she is constantly adding new freebies, and after making these I realized she is my neighbor and relief society president and was an Academy for Girls counselor the same year I was.  Small world.

It was a great new tradition that I hope we are able to continue.  It was fun having an opportunity to use our creativity...or at least be inspired by other peoples' creativity and try to copy it.

No comments: