Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Day

This year we started what I hope will become a family tradition of spending Memorial Day with family visiting and remembering loved ones that have passed on.  It was a neat experience to visit cemeteries and see all the flowers, pinwheels, and flags that had been placed on graves.  There were so many people there visiting and honoring family members, and it felt nice to be a part of it.  We started the morning at my cousin David's grave.  We shared memories and stories and placed pinwheels around his headstone.  We sure do miss him a lot.  He was very devoted to family, and I know he would have loved to have been with us on a day like this.

Next we headed to another cemetery where my grandma is buried as well as my great grandparents.

Then we headed to Bodell Construction to eat my grandpa's favorite food (Kentucky Fried Chicken) and to go on train rides.  My grandpa built this awesome train the year that Aaron and I met and worked at the ranch together.


David has kept it up and made some great improvements to it over the last few years.  David and Grandpa both loved working on it and driving it around, probably because they get to see kids with looks like this on their face.


It was Brigham's first train ride.  He LOVED it!  He was walking around the parking lot with his arm in the air saying "choo-choo" and he had a huge grin on his face during his rides.  I think it inspired a new love of trains.

No comments: