Sunday, October 14, 2012

We love fall!

Can you tell that Brigham loves fall leaves?  He was fascinated as Cousin Courtney started picking them up and throwing them in the air.  For the next half hour he couldn't stop doing it himself.  He would throw them and then laugh as they fell down around him.  I love the look of pure joy on his face.

We have been making more trips to the park with the nice weather that we have been having.  Brigham loves to take both of his buckets and transfer wood chips between them.

In addition to enjoying the fall leaves and the park, we have been enjoying hoodies, fuzzy socks , pink track suits, beanies, pumpkin spice donuts, and playing with the halloween decorations.  

One of our favorite things about fall is watching BYU football.  I had an unexpected treat to go to the game this last Saturday with my 3 brothers and sit in the student section.  I forgot how much fun games can be when you sit in the student section.  Although I felt completely out of style because I was not wearing skinny jeans, Toms, Vans, or boots, and I was probably about ten years older than most of the students there, I had a great time.  It was fun to sit on row 11, yell, and stand up for the entire game.  It reminded me of the good old days living in Regency 23.  I really did love going to BYU so much.  For a few minutes I even wished I could go back and relive some of those days.  Then I remembered all the studying, writing papers, taking tests and dating (or not dating), and I didn't miss it quite as much.
(Aaron didn't come with us to the game because in a moment of insanity he decided to run in a 12 mile race with all sorts of crazy military obstacles, freezing water, and mud.  Hopefully I can get some pictures soon.)


The little lady has started eating solid foods, and mostly likes them.  Her initial reaction to anything new is to scrunch up her face like it is disgusting, but she quickly gets over it.

Sometimes watching TV is a very emotional experience for Brigham.  This is his typical reaction when the grasshoppers come to take all the ants' food in A Bug's Life.  He says "oh no" and mostly covers his eyes, leaving just enough uncovered so that he can still see what is happening.  I think he is going to LOVE Disneyland when we go next month.

2 comments:

Krista Hansen said...

Your kids are so adorable! I love the pink track suit. I think my girls need one. We need to get together over the long winter.

scott, natalie and kids said...

So cute Rachel! I don't think Lexi is old enough to have solid foods yet, I swear she was just born. I think time must be flying by too fast! Love you!