Thursday, January 24, 2013

January

I think January is my least favorite month.  We spend most our time avoiding going outside the house because of the inversions and single digit temperatures.  And when we do go out, our shopping trips sometimes end like this, reminding me why I don't get out much.

So we have tried to get a bit creative around here and find new ways to entertain ourselves.  Brigham loves his music, and we listen to a lot of it and sometimes make our own music.  He loves to help me sing songs.  One of his most requested is currently "Up on the Housetop" and "Jingle Bells".  Apparently two year olds don't understand that those songs are just for Christmastime.  He also continues to call anyone with a long white beard "Santa", including Dumbledore, Gandolf, and Lorenzo Snow.

This girl must be going through a growth spurt.  All of a sudden she is a big eater and tries to eat everything she can find, even things that aren't food.  She crawls around eating crumbs from the floor right after she has eaten a big meal.  She is actually starting to fill out some of those 6-12 month clothes that have been too big for her.

Brigham still loves his "Sessy" and often wants her to be sitting next to him or playing with him or wrestling with him (which consists of him laying on top of her or rolling her around on the ground).

One of the highlights of my month was spending a weekend at the City Creek Marriott with these lovely ladies.  We had lots of yummy food, went to the jacuzzi, braved the snow storm and freezing temps, did crafts, shopped, stayed up way too late, and had such a fabulous time with each other.  I sure am grateful for my crazy fun family.  Thank you to Dixie and girls for all your planning and Aaron for watching the kiddos.

I leave you with one of my favorite pics of the month.  This is what happens to baby hair when you have to run your heater  a lot.  Makes me smile every time I look at it.

2 comments:

Julia Davis said...

Haha, that is hilarious! I love it! These are all such awesome pics.

Pam said...

These describe the cold and events perfectly. We feel your pain and laugh at your pictures. I sure love that Brigham and his cute little sister Lexi.