Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Brownies at the Ponderosa

We had an early Brown family reunion (my great grandparents and their descendants) at the Ponderosa the weekend before Memorial Day.  I love that area of Southern Utah and it brings back a lot of happy memories for me and my family.  We were able to make some new happy memories in the short weekend trip.  One of my favorite things was watching my kids enjoy running around and playing with their cousins.  It was a bit crazy at times trying to keep track of both of them, but they had a great time and if we weren't in the house they could usually be found at the little waterfall, the playground, or the tennis courts.

We enjoyed a little family dance the first night we were there.  Lexi was helping Uncle Johnny be DJ.

The next day the kids enjoyed a fun carnival with games, prizes, a bounce house, and clowns.  Neither one of them wanted anything to do with the cotton candy.  But they were pretty excited about the slinky and twisty straw they got in their prize bag.

Grandma gave Brigham a headlamp and he was a big fan.  He didn't want to take that thing off either night we were there.  He wore it out at the campfire and all around the house and was fascinated watching how he could make the light on the wall move by moving his head.

Julia, Brandy, and I hosted an updated version of our family reunion game that was lots of fun.  Our last morning there we heard stories about Great Grandma and Grandpa Brown and Brigham got to play Great Uncle Ray as a little boy in one of the skits.

I was on the committee to plan this reunion and it ended up being a lot of work, but it was worth it.  We had a great time.  I sure am grateful for this big crazy family that I have. 

1 comment:

Pam said...

Fun post. Thanks for all your hard work! It was a great success.