Monday, November 26, 2007

Go Cougars!

Well, another great performance by BYU. Well, great in the last 2 minutes. I don't know why they insist on waiting until the very last moments possible to pull out the win, but it certainly makes for some exciting football. We have really enjoyed games this season and we have loved watching Harvey, who has turned out to be quite the team superstar. I have a cool connection to Harvey that I like to brag about. Not only did he play for my alma mater, Timpview High School, but I was actually his teacher when he was in 10th grade. I also have worked with his dad for the last four years, so I have run into Harvey at work and have been receiving personal Harvey updates ever since he was being recruited by BYU (and many other schools for that matter). His dad is awesome and recently spontaneously gave me a BYU hat autographed by members of the team (including Harvey, Hall, Reed, and a bunch of other names I can't read) because he knows that I love BYU football. Aaron says we need to hold on to it because it may be worth something one day. And good news is Harvey's brother played for the state championship Timpview football team this year and his dad says he is bigger and faster and thinking of coming to BYU next year. The future of BYU football looks bright.

4 comments:

scott, natalie and kids said...

Yea! Go cougars! I remember our first games at byu with Jared, Courtney, Lance and Darren explaining all the rules. Good times! Cool hat!

Laura said...

I'm so glad I can keep updated on your life thanks to the blog! I must have missed the email that told people about it....thank you Lani for the update! Your house looks darling, will you post pics of the inside?

marcie b said...

it's funny, i love you, but i hate you all at the same time. such mixed emotions. so much anger and yet such admiration (the latter for you, NOT the cougars.)

Michael Hock said...

The younger Unga would like great in the Utes backfield