Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This is why I love country music...


I have become a big fan of country music. I love it because it is usually clean, quality music that tells a great story. So I was pretty excited when Aaron surprised me on Valentine's Day with Rascal Flatts concert tickets (along with a clever poem that he wrote incorporating many of their song titles). I have been a big fan of the group from the beginning when Julia introduced me to them after she bought their first album. She was one of the early fans, before they were even being played on the radio all the time. Since then they have consistently been one of my favorite groups. I think their music is great and the lyrics to their songs tell great stories. Some of my favorites include "It's Not Just Me", "Long, Slow Beautiful Dance", "These Days", "Mayberry", "My Worst Fear", "Bless the Broken Road", "Feels Like Today", "My Wish", and "Ellsworth." I was happy that they sang a few of my old favorites as well as songs from their newest album. Kellie Pickler was the warm-up performer, and she was surprisingly good as well. All in all, it was a great concert with great music that reminded me why I love country music.


4 comments:

Krista Hansen said...

Sounds like a fun concert. Big points for Aaron! Which album is your favorite? Maybe I'll have to give it a try :).

Laura said...

Great music Rachel, I bought some of the songs you mentioned, thanks for the recommendation. I also recently downloadedthe Newsies Soundtrack. Love it!

Julia Davis said...

True true! Thanks for giving me due credit. Heheh, jk. I love it! I want to hear their new CD. Steve isn't the biggest of fans, so I kinda got out of it all.... but I will secretly become a Rascal Flatts friend once again!! :)

Heather H said...

I love their music too! Too bad Rob is not a country guy. I am so glad that you had fun at the concert!