Tuesday, April 22, 2008

California Here We come!

Yet again we made a trip to California...the second one this year. This time we were going to visit Aaron's family in Hughson (small town near Modesto). We drove out there and spent some time at his grandpa's cabin in the Sierra Nevada's. It was beautiful there...although a bit cold. I spent a lot of time on the couch, near the fire and roasted some of my best marshmallows ever. We played games and read and had a relaxing few days (different from out usual somewhat hectic, activity-filled vacations). It was quite nice. Then we enjoyed a few more days at Aaron's house where he played a lot of chess as well as some tennis and wii games. We also spent a day in San Francisco where I got to ride Bart (which happily reminded me of all the trains/undergrounds that I got to ride in Europe) as well as shop at H&M and eat clam chowder and sourdough bread. Since I love shopping and good food, it was a pretty great day.


Then we headed down south to visit Julia and Steve, go to the Ellen Show and visit Disneyland (of course). We got into the Ellen show and had a great time. She is hilarious and had some funny guests on as well...and as a bonus we all won $50 gift cards to itunes.

Aaron and I went to Disneyland the next day and enjoyed some of the more tame rides that wouldn't make Aaron sick. I actually rode the Mark Twain steamboat for the first time that I can remember. It was another great day at Disney. Before starting the journey home on Saturday, we went to breakfast with Julia at the original pancake house. It was delicious and the servings were HUGE! We made it home after spending a night in Vegas and now we are trying to get back into our usual routine. Aaron keeps bragging that he only has six weeks of school left...and I just keep looking forward with no end in sight...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am so jealous that you basically make it down there more than me! And that you have gone to Disneyland more times this year than me!!!