Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cooper's Run


At the end of July we participated in Cooper's Run.  My cousin lost her sweet son three years ago.  You can hear them tell their story here.  Each summer they host a 5K and fun run to remember Cooper and raise money for Cooper's award which goes to an Orem Public Safety Employee who has made a positive impact while in the line of duty as well as fund a preschool scholarship. I am not a runner, but I thought maybe I could use this event to inspire me to become one.  We weren't fast, but we had a great time together.  There was a great spirit there as we passed the Kofford house and saw Cooper's bench and lots of photos of him and then crossed the finish line where we got Otter Pops (his favorite treat).


 After the race we enjoyed yummy food, seeing a helicopter land, looking at the fire truck, and riding grandpa's train.

It was a great day, and I hope to make it a summer tradition.  I also hope next year to have a faster time in the 5k.

No comments: