Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Together Again

 The entire Hicks family was all together for the first time in a few years.  The Davis family flew in about an hour before Johnny and we spent the next few days fitting in as much food and family fun as we could.  (My child was super cooperative for family pics).

We spent a lot of time at my parents house where the kids could run around and play.  These three boys love Lexi.  They were always coming around her to give her kisses, smiles, and hugs.  She loved it.

 We wanted to get in one more day at Seven Peaks, so we went to the park even though it was pouring rain for awhile.  The kids didn't seem to mind.

We took a trip to the Thanksgiving Point Children's Gardens.  There were lots of fun things to see and do, but their favorite was Noah's Ark.

 One day we got a little crazy.  Julia and I decided to pack up all five kids (under the age of 4) in one car and meet our cousins for lunch.  This is how they looked during one of the happy moments in that car.  Apparently it was time for the oldest two to take their turn crying.

 After lunch we took a trip to the State Fair, which Brigham LOVED.  He loves animals and was fascinated by the cows, pigs, and sheep.  I think he would have gotten into the pen with them if it was allowed.

For some reason they had a giant blow up kangaroo at the fair.

After our Salt Lake adventures we spent the next day taking it easy and swimming at the Woffinden's pool around the corner from my parents.

I spent a lot of time there as a teenager and it was fun to take my kids there.  Lexi was happy as can be floating around the pool.  She did not inherit her brother's fear of water.

One of my favorite things that we did was go to see the movie Newsies at the Scera Outdoor theater.  I think I have already let it be known that I was kind of obsessed with this movie as a teenager.  It was pretty fabulous to see it on a big screen again and to be able to enjoy it outside where we could sing along without bothering others.  Aaron even impressed some of the girls by singing the songs and quoting some of the lines.  He is pretty awesome.

Johnny gave a great homecoming talk about obedience.  He spoke confidently with very few notes (a skill I do not possess).  He also informed us after his homecoming that he should be called the "funcle" because he is the fun uncle.  Lexi definitely seems to think so.

 That evening we had to say goodbye.  After 10 days of fun, these two were pretty exhausted, but when I told them it was time to say goodbye they had one more good wrestle to the ground and then a pretty cute hug.

1 comment:

Krista Hansen said...

Looks like so much fun! Invite me swimming next time :)