Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A few things that make us smile...

 This is sort of a random post, but I thought I would share just a few of the things that make us smile these days.  Caleb told us about this new Alphabet app, and Brigham is a huge fan.  You match cute monster letters that make their phonetic sounds to their outlines to spell the words and then there is a little cartoon to explain the word.  Brigham laughs at the cartoons and is learning phonics and new vocabulary in the process.  And it is free.  And there are no commercials.  So it's pretty great.

Brigham's second favorite app these days is the free Disneyland app.  You get to explore Disneyland and California Adventure with pictures, movies, music, and games.

My favorite app at the moment is a journalling app called Day One (another Caleb recommendation).  I downloaded it January 1, and have written 86 entries since then!  This is a pretty big accomplishment for me because I have been pretty bad about journalling since I got married.  I would go such long periods without writing and then it was hard to catch up and just became overwhelming.  This app was the perfect solution for me.  I set a little alarm to go off at 8:30 at night and if I haven't written yet I can take a few minutes to write something about my day and I can attach a picture.  You can export them all to a PDF document and print them in a book later.  Sorry if this sounds like a commercial, I just wanted to pass on my great new find in case anyone else out there is looking for a journalling idea.

This little girl gives the best kisses.  If you pucker up and say "mmmm" then she will lean right in a give you a kiss.

This little guy loves to ask "a doin, mom?" and then when I tell him what I am doing he usually asks "why?"  He says "pon" and pulls your hand when he wants you to "come on" and follow him.  He also loves to say "watch this" and then do something awesome like shake his head or make a weird noise or funny face.  He says "mine" when he doesn't want to share and "never" when he doesn't want to do something.

He went through a brief stage where he kept asking to watch "Woo-wan" (Mulan) and listen to songs from Mulan.  The video shows a little bit of his Mulan impression, which will hopefully make you smile. (You must go to the actual blog to view it).  


1 comment:

Julia Davis said...

Laughed out loud again at that video. Makes my day!