Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Fever


We were definitely ready for Spring to arrive.  Now that it is warming up we are loving being able to go outside most days.  Of course, Utah weather in the spring has its ups and downs with snow one day and beautiful blue skies and warm temps the next.  But now that these two have had a taste of playing outside, they want to go out everyday, even when it isn't super warm.  Lexi is fearless when it comes to climbing on the playground.  She climbs up on her own and tries to go wherever brother is going.  She likes to turn around and go down the slides backwards, just like she is going down the stairs.

When we are inside, this is her favorite hangout spot.  

 From my pictures, you may think my kids are perfectly happy angels all the time, so I thought I would include this one to keep it real.  Lexi has had a rough few weeks.  Not sure if it is allergies, a cold, teething, but she has been really sad and wants to be held or hang on to my leg much of the day.  When she wants to look really sad, she flops on the ground and buries her face into the floor.  On a positive note, she seems to be happier the last few days, so this is happening less often.

No matter what toys we buy her or give her, her favorites are the ones that Brigham is playing with.  He is very possessive of his Toy Story toys, so naturally she is constantly trying to take them when his back is turned or when he is taking a nap.

 We usually venture out about once a week to Macey's, Target, or Costco.  Most shopping trips include some tears and usually end with me thinking, "why do I do this to myself?"  This one started out pretty well because they both got to ride in the car together.  The joy ended a few minutes later when Brigham started squishing her.

This trip to Costco ended well because I rewarded them with their first churro.  Lexi was shoving as much of it into her mouth as fast as she could.  Brigham was a bit more conservative and after a few bites handed the rest of his portion back to me.  Seriously?  What kid turns down a churro?

Brigham loves to bring his toys outside.  See that nice fence in the background?  We are loving it.

  He has started lining up his toys and then getting his toy camera and saying "cheese" and taking pictures of them.

 Sometimes I will find Brigham just lying on the ground, or in the tub, or in the bean bag with a thoughtful look on his face.  Just pondering life, I guess.
He still loves to "read" his books throughout the day and will even sit and look through them quietly on his own.  He is talking so much now, and I can even understand most of it.  He is stringing words together in short sentences and is constantly asking me what I am doing, why I am doing something, or where something or someone is.  It is so fun to start having these little bits of conversation with him.

1 comment:

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I've been having so much fun reading about your adorable little fam. My kids also refused churros at costco. What? That's WHY we go to costco! Maybe if they died them blue or green or pink, maybe?
You are cute as ever! Wish our kids could play so we could sit on the couch and chat it up!