Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day

We had a great 4th of July weekend. 
We spent the holiday at my mom's house enjoying her new addition.  It is in the final stages and she was able to start cooking again.  Which we all appreciated because her food is fabulous.  Especially that potato salad.
We also enjoyed some old family videos, and Aaron enjoyed farmtown.
My dad pulled out the weird Benjamin Franklin portrait he got from the DI and we put it on the mantle for the day.
We played Croquet.  
And we decided rather than go to the fireworks, we would just buy our own.  My favorite activity was playing with sparklers while we took pictures.  We had so much fun.
This was supposed to be my name...but I don't know what happened to the R and I ran out of space.
Should say A+R, but Aaron struggled...
Supposed to be a heart-but Aaron's side is deformed.
My tribute to the cougs.  Can't wait for football season to start.
We took tons more of us dancing and all sorts of other things.  Who knew sparklers could be so entertaining?  So if you want some good times next 4th of July, just get a tripod, set the camera shutter speed to 2-4 seconds, and let the magic begin.  

7 comments:

KellySummer said...

whoa, your house looks so different! also, remember a long time ago when you borrowed my version of Family Bar to make a copy? Whatever happened to that? Need it, and a copy on DVD! :)

Also...loving the sparkler pics.

Also, check my blog, if you don't normally...

scott, natalie and kids said...

Looks like fun! Your mom's kitchen looks great. See you Saturday!

Julia Davis said...

Oh. I am so sad I missed you guys on the fourth. We tried the same thing with our sparklers but they weren't as bright. Moms kitchen and new room look SO GREAT! Ahhh..... and I can only imagine the tasty food you guys had! JEALOUS!!

P.S. Leave it to Dad to find the WEIRDEST Ben Franklin painting and actually buy it. Hilarious.

MeiLani and Michael said...

Those pictures are so cool. And your mom's new kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!

Katie Irion said...

Rachel, I'm strangely impressed. Nice sparkler handling. Glad there were no burns!

Krista Hansen said...

Loving the sparkler pics. Way cool! I would love for you to take some pictures of Baby Molly and maybe some of Sam too :) But I don't have your email :(
My email is krista@devinhansen.com
I'm thinking maybe sometime this weekend. Thanks.

Ashley said...

In response to your comment on my blog - I like actually having a blue kids shirt. You are right about a boy wearing pink.