Friday, July 3, 2009

Bodell Reunion

In June we went to Moab for our annual Bodell Family Reunion.  We stayed at this great campground on the edge of town that had a pool and giant checkers.
We hiked to Delicate Arch.  It is huge.  Way bigger than I thought from all the license plates and pictures I've seen.
Aaron enjoying the scenery at the top.
Our favorite Junior Ranger.
This picture sort of shows how huge the arch is.  A guy offered to take mine and Johnny's picture under the arch, so I made the assumption he was actually going to try to get the whole arch...
One of Aaron's favorite pastimes at the campground was lying on the grass and reading his book (while babysitting so that we could plan our activity).  
This is the family fun night extravaganza that Julia and I put together.  We had all sorts of random family trivia along with charades, name the lyrics, pictionary and bring me a.  We had a great time and it became quite competitive.
And everyone won reunion t-shirts that I designed.  
We enjoyed spending most of the next day at the campground playing games like scum.
Then in the evening we went on the fiery furnace hike.  You have to go with a ranger so you don't get lost, and I could easily understand how you could get lost.  There were many different paths and areas to go.
There were a few more challenging spots like this where you had to walk with feet on one walk and lean your hands against another to get through.
And there were tiny little arches like this to climb through.
It was a beautiful hike and we were really glad we went. 
Another great reunion, topped off with Aunt Jimae's scones as we were packing up to leave.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for a great recap. I think you should make a blog for me and always keep it up to date for me. I remember I used to ask you to include something in your journal so it could count as mine. Now it should be in your blog. Love the pictures.

MeiLani and Michael said...

I feel so honored, the almost professional photographer RACHEL BARTH used some of MY photos on her blog... that makes me feel almost almost professional :) Those were good times