Friday, July 15, 2011

San Fran

We spent a great day in San Francisco doing some of my favorite touristy things.  My favorite spot of the day was a new one and one I've wanted to visit for awhile--The Walt Disney Family Museum.  The museum is all about Walt Disney's life and work and it was quite fascinating.  The first part of the museum is a bit slow, but once you take the elevators upstairs and get to the room that is all about Steamboat Willie and Mickey Mouse it becomes really interesting.   I think my favorite part (although it is hard to choose) was the miniature model of Disneyland when it opened.  It was so cool to see what was there, what is still there, what has been replaced, and what has been moved.
 Our next stop was the wharf to enjoy some clam chowder and sourdough.
 Then the chocolate factory to enjoy a hot fudge Sundae.
Brigham's favorite part of the day was the plastic spoon we gave him at the wharf (pictured above).  As we walked down the street along the wharf he would try to stand up (as much as he could) in his stroller and would wave the spoon around in the air while babbling really loudly and excitedly, like he had just discovered the greatest invention in the world.  He got quite a few looks and smiles from people passing on the street, and we couldn't stop laughing at him.  Little did we know how easy it was to entertain him.  Why do I buy him toys?  Apparently all he wants is a plastic spoon.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love reading about your trip--and the plastic spoon is awesome, seriously babies love the simple things. Brigham is such a cutie!

Julia Davis said...

Haha, the spoon thing makes me laugh outloud. He really does look so happy! Too funny. And your post makes me miss San Fran! Mmmmm chocolate......

Desiree said...

Great pics Rach. I want your totally rad actions!!!! It hurts.