Tuesday, December 16, 2008

California Firsts

I know that you must grow weary of reading about my California posts, and I'm the first to admit that the frequency of my trips has become a bit excessive. But this one was for a good reason and had a few firsts.

1. Most importantly, I got to meet my first nephew for the first time! He is so cute! We loved meeting him and holding him...and taking him to Disneyland for the first time! Don't worry, he was only there for a few minutes, but I think he already loves it.




2. It was also the first time that we rode all of the operating rides at Disneyland in one day! Aaron set the goal and recruited a few of us to join him. How you calculate the number of rides could vary, but we counted 31 operating rides (everything was open except for the sailing ship and the canoes). Tomorrowland almost kept Aaron from meeting his goal (Space Mountain and the Rockets weren't so good for his motion sickness).

Star Tours was the final ride to check off our list.

And by the end of the day we had met our goal! (Thanks to Charise and Cole for helping us reach the goal a few hours early).

3. I also rode the Sailing Ship Colombia for the first time! It wasn't open on Thursday for our ride challenge, but it was running on Friday.

4. And lastly, we stayed at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas for the first time (and hopefully not the last). Courtney got us ocean view rooms with her discount. It is a fabulous resort and gave me further encouragement to one day pursue my goal of working for Marriott and JetBlue. Then I could continue my frequent traveling with cheap rooms and less driving.

1 comment:

Krista Hansen said...

I can't believe Jacob has already been to Disneyland. Talk about spoiled! You will love being an Auntie! I sure do.