Monday, December 15, 2008

The Distance

Aaron was asked to be the lead singer for a faculty band that performed in the Timpanogos High School talent show. Being the nice and brave person that he is, he agreed. They have been practicing over the last few months and here is a picture from the performance. He is the one in front with the orange hair. (Sorry it's a bit blurry because I was far away.) I was a little bit surprised when he first told me, because I've never known him to sing a solo or really sing in front of people (although he does sing around the house all the time). But he informed me that he didn't really have to sing because it was a Cake song that is more speaking than singing. He really doesn't get afraid of things like this and is willing to do a lot for the benefit of the school and his students. Here is the link to the video the students took. "The Distance"

And just to show that he really is willing to sacrifice for his students, he agreed to let them shave his head if they reached their sub-for-santa fundraising goal. This may not be a sacrifice for some, but when you don't know how much longer you will actually have your hair, I think it is a bigger sacrifice. They were nowhere close when he agreed to it, but they pulled it off in the end and supposedly were encouraged by the thought of seeing him bald. I'm not sure why...if they just waited a few years they could probably see it anyway...but here he is. He was actually interviewed by Big Buddah on Fox 13 morning news while he was getting his head shaved.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Way to go Aaron! We need pics of the after shaved head! What a man. No wonder you're the favorite teacher. Awesome.

Liz Kirkby said...

where are the before and after pics???? lol he so funny!

Charise said...

Hilarous!!! We love you guys so much!!
Charise

emilyhutchison said...

Oh my gosh. Aarom lead singer of a Cake cover band, is what I just read. I would pay serious money and visit a bar to see that.