Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Sunshine State

We just got back from a fabulous trip to Florida and Disney World. I have wanted to go here ever since I can remember, so this trip really was a dream come true for me. I know it is hard to believe that a Disney fanatic like me has never been there, but it's true. I’m sorry if my commentary gets long or boring, just skip through if you aren’t interested.

On Saturday we arrived in Florida! We checked in to our hotel, Port Oreans Riverside. It is made to look like an old southern plantation right on the river. It was really nice.


After arriving, we quickly tried to become acquainted with the bus/boat system so that we could get to the ESPN club to watch the BYU game. We made it and were able to watch most of the game either while we were standing in line or at our table. We had a great time, despite the final score. There are TVs everywhere in this place and everyone is watching football. People are cheering at different times and you don’t even have to worry about missing a big play when you go to the bathroom…they have big TV’s above all the stalls. We even made friends with a Ute and BYU fan sitting at a nearby table.

The next day was our day to relax and prepare ourselves for 5 days of intense theme park touring. We took some time to explore Port Orleans, Fort Wilderness, and drive by the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian resorts.

2 comments:

Laura said...

So fun! We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside too. We loved it there, though we didn't spend much time at the actual hotel. I'm glad you got to see the big game.

Krista Hansen said...

What an amazing trip! I have loved my trips to Florida. It sounds like you had a great time and did all the fun stuff. Next time you should try Universal Studios. It's our favorite!