Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Magic Kingdom

Tuesday we spent the day at the Magic Kingdom. It had a lot of things that were different than Disneyland, more than I thought. We had a good time exploring and comparing it to what we know. Here are the highlights:

1. Once again we tried to be one of the first in line. We were let in for some pre-opening entertainment which included Aaron being called up to do the hokey pokey and throwing Mickey confetti during a countdown to opening.

2. Splash Mountain was great and is always one of our favorites. This one was fun because you get to sit side by side and there are many parts of the ride that are different.

3. Aaron managed to get Dream Fastpasses, again. This time was weirder than the other times. He was walking by and saw someone with a Dream Fastpass. He asked them where they got them. Then they asked him, “do you want them?” So of course he said yes and the person handed over two of them. I’m not sure if he didn’t understand what they were or he was leaving the park for the day, or just wanted to make someone elses dream come true, but we accepted the gesture.

4. Aaron was happy to see they haven’t moved the people movers out of Disney World like they have out of Disneyland. It was actually a pretty cool little ride that takes you around tomorrowland. Aaron got to experience a little bit of Space Mountain, without actually having to ride it. I wonder why they took them out at Disneyland? Especially since the track is still there and not being used.

5. And last of all, the Castle looks fabulous! Especially because of Christmas. They had white lights hanging all over it and the castle would change colors ever 10 minutes or so. It is built up high and is taller than Disneyland so you can see it from almost anywhere in the park. I loved it!

2 comments:

Charise said...

Ok, I am loving this! As I read it, I feel like I am re-living it all with you! I am sooo happy for you guys! What a great trip!!

Do you ever tell us why you were there? Or who you were with? I will keep reading!
Charise

Julia Davis said...

I can't believe you got dream fast passes. I wonder if we should be contacting Guiness for the world record.